The World Bird Wednesday Archive

World Bird Wednesday is open for submissions every Tuesday at noon E.S.T. to Midnight on Wednesday by clicking on the WBW logo picture below.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

World Bird Wednesday XXII

And It Stoned Me


"And it stoned me to my soul."
So sang Van Morrison way back when. The stone birds atop the Kean building in Detroit had me singing that old classic line all day long. Hmmmm. A bird with human eyes. While I don't think these sculptures would qualify for the gargoyle hall of fame, not that there is such a thing, to their credit they've done a sterling job protecting their perch for many a year.


What's this? Well just a Dark-eyed junco picture where you can actually see that dark little bead of an eye for a change. A rare accomplishment for me!


The star of my birding week was this strange backyard bird I spotted working the leaf litter. I bolted for my camera but all I managed was a muddy reference shot before the Eastern Towhee (Pipilo erythrophthalmus) sped away. It's a first time sighting for me thus worthy of a personal celebration! My research informed me that the southern variations have a white eye. Though I did not hear it, their common name comes from its unique "Tow-hee" voicing. "And it stoned me just like Jelly Roll!"       ;-)WBW

            Now it's time for World Bird Wednesday!

   This is the home of World Bird Wednesday. A place for bird photographers from around the world to gather and share their photographs and experiences as they pursue Natures most diverse and beautiful treasurers, the birds. 
  World Bird Wednesday will be open for posting at 12 noon Tuesday EST North America through midnight on Wednesday.


  You are invited to link your blog with other bird photographers in a weekly celebration of these most diverse and intriguing of Earth's residents, the BIRDS.

                                                        CLICK THIS PICTURE!

#1. Simply copy the above picture onto your W.B.W. blog entry. It contains a link for your readers to share in WBW. Or you can copy this link on to your blog page to share W.B.W. http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/


#2. Come to The Pine River Review on Tuesday Noon EST North America through Wednesday midnight and submit your blog entry with Linky.

#3. Check back in during the course of the next day and explore these excellent photoblogs!


You don't have to be a Bird Watcher or expert photographer to join in--just enjoy sharing what you bring back from your explorations and adventures into nature.The idea of a meme is that you will visit each others blogs and perhaps leave a comment to encourage your compadres!


          The thumbnails below are links to our contributors blogs where you can view their beautiful posts.
                     Come on it's your turn!